    Doug Guest

    I looked at AMD's website and it looks like the Athlon 64's come in both
    socket formats (755?, 735?).

    Doug, Apr 7, 2005

  2. Doug

    Wes Newell Guest

    939 and 754. 939 has dual channel memory controller. 754 has single.
    There's not much performance difference, but PCU's for the 754 are limted
    to a max of 3700+ at present time and will probably stay that way.

    Wes Newell, Apr 7, 2005

  3. 939 and 754. 939 has dual channel memory controller. 754 has single.
    Do you know how big's the difference between the dual-channel and the
    single-channel platforms? Or have you seen any tests doing so? If yes, could
    you be so gentle to point us to it/them?

    Thanks in advance,

    Giuseppe Carmine De Blasio, Apr 11, 2005
  4. Doug

    Wes Newell Guest

    At the same clockspeed, a dual channel system will perform about 1-3%
    faster than single channel overall. You can find comparisons all over the
    place.

    http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2249&p=4

    Wes Newell, Apr 11, 2005
  5. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Wes, what sort of core voltage are you running your Tbred B core @? Have you
    tried upping the FSB at all or is that possible w/the motherboard you've
    got?

    Doug, Apr 11, 2005
  6. Doug

    Wes Newell Guest

    That cpu has made a lot of rounds. It was originally in a KT7-Raid board
    and i had vcore to 1.85v for 2400MHz. After i gave the KT7 boards away, I
    stuck the B core in an ASrock K7S8X-R3 board. It ran 2400MHz with only
    1.80v in this board, and I tested the FSB up to 215MHz. Since this the cpu
    went into my brothers old MSI K7T Pro board (also KT133 chipset). He ran
    it at 1300MHz and 1.4v (the lowest setting in the bios). And now it's in a
    PC Chips M811LU board I gave him running at default.

    Wes Newell, Apr 12, 2005