    9800 256, and still the same problem. Do I have a bad motherboard? CPU? or
    need a SPECIAL power supply? I'm stumped. I have noticed that some other
    people have the same problem throuout the net, but no good solutions yet.

    Eisenwulf, Apr 20, 2005

  2. Eisenwulf

    Eisenwulf Guest

    Well, I finally reached a very helpful human being on the phone at Abit tech
    support and he walked me through some tests. It seems that when you get
    these post codes something is not right with the power. If you have replaced
    the power supply and made sure there are no shorts by testing the board by
    removing it from the case and hooking it up out in the open on a table,
    Hopefully not a metal table ;), remove all ram, cards, and cables. You
    should just have power hooked up, cpu and fan, then power up the board. If
    you get the same sequence of events, ie., 8.3 on the post followed by 9.6
    then a shut off with a 9F then the final thing is to get an RMA an return it
    because the board is defective.

    Eisenwulf, Apr 21, 2005

  3. Eisenwulf

    masterphilch Guest

    Hi

    I got the same fu'ing problem. Did the guys on the phone tell you sth
    about a known misproduction on the board?

    greets

    masterphilch, Apr 29, 2005