    Soyo Rev. VB
    SN 08/30/96-I430VX-8669-2A59GS29C-00

    What is the correct type description of this board ?

    limeseck, Jun 28, 2003

  2. limeseck

    John Guest

    well guessing by the date and the VX code its on old socket 7 pentium
    motherboard, no agp slot

    John, Jun 28, 2003

  3. limeseck

    Ed T Wilson Guest

    From the info there it looks like a board that uses the Intel 430 VX
    chipset. It is probably a Socket 7 MB, for use with intel Pentium or
    AMD K6 processors. Don't think it would be worth the time and trouble to
    do much with unless you were looking to replace a broken board. You
    should be able to find drivers over at the Intel website. I am still
    using a gigabyte board that has the 430 TX chipset, a slightly newer
    version of the 430 series. It is slow but serves well as a backup and
    web browsing workstation.
    Ed

    Ed T Wilson, Jun 28, 2003