    the LCD? Is there anything else it could be? I had the backlight
    replaced about a year or so ago, , but it worked OK after that. Any help
    will be appreciated. Thanks, Greg.

    GTD, Nov 16, 2007

  2. GTD

    A Nother Guest

    More likely the solid state drive system for the LCD, in which case
    replacing the LCD won't help.

    A Nother, Nov 17, 2007

  3. GTD

    GTD Guest

    What do you mean by "solid state drive system"? What exactly to you
    believe is the fix?

    GTD, Nov 17, 2007
  4. GTD

    Wandering Guest

    This is definitely a warranty issue. Don't delay! There is nothing user can
    do whatever the cause, whether the video board, the display hardware drivers
    (electronics) or the display itself. Don't let your warranty expire before
    fixing this issue. It's not cheap.

    Wandering, Nov 17, 2007
  5. GTD

    A Nother Guest

    You need to get this fixed under warranty OR find a technician who can fault
    find on this system OR get another parts unit with a working screen you can
    have exchanged.

    A Nother, Nov 17, 2007
  6. GTD

    GTD Guest

    It's already expired. that's why I'm trying to track it down myself. . .

    GTD, Nov 17, 2007
  7. GTD

    Wandering Guest

    Unless you are:

    1. a trained and experienced electronics technician
    2. in a position to try out replacement components at no cost
    3. able to access the parts at reasonable cost

    you aren't going to be able to run it down and fix it yourself. Now you may
    have all these attributes, and still find it cheaper to have the
    manufacturer repair the unit.

    Good luck.

    Wandering, Nov 17, 2007
  8. GTD

    Molesworth Guest

    Or put it in the cupboard with all the other dead laptops..?

    :)

    Molesworth

    Molesworth, Nov 18, 2007
  9. GTD