    out there managed to get a Nvidia 7950gx2 512MB to work w/the Asrock 775
    dual VSTA?

    Thanks in advance.

    Branek, Nov 6, 2007

  2. Branek

    Paul Guest

    Motherboard BIOS compatibility is listed here.

    http://www.nvidia.com/content/geforce_gx2_sbios/us.asp

    There is an architecture diagram here for 7950GX2.

    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2016&page=2

    The PT880/Ultra chipset, has an AGP 8X slot and a PCI Express x4
    interface. That is why the Asrock 775 dual VSTA is "finicky" about
    video, because the chipset doesn't have a full x16 lane interface.

    http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets/p4-series/comparison_p4-series.jsp

    I don't think there is any risk of damage - the only risk would be
    that it doesn't work properly. Trying to run two GPUs through
    only x4 lanes of bandwidth, is going to reduce their performance
    quite a bit.

    Paul

    Paul, Nov 6, 2007

  3. Branek

    Branek Guest

    Thanks for the insights Paul, I think I will give up on this idea now. It's
    too bad the 8800GT's don't work on this motherboard. I guess I'll have
    to look into the 8800GTS's.

    Branek, Nov 6, 2007
  4. Branek

    Nez Guest

    Check out the last message at
    http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1031613520

    It looks like a new Bios is available that lets the 8800GT work on the
    ASRock 775Dual VSTA.

    Nez

    Nez, Nov 9, 2007