Asrock K7S41GX Bootup problem (Read the solution here)

Discussion in 'ASRock' started by hernan.galante, Jan 6, 2005.

  1. Hi all,
    This was a problem that I had and I hadn't found a solution in
    the net and after all, I've discovered what is the problem.
    If you buy an Asrock K7S41GX, and you install it and after all
    the motherboard doesn't boot (you can't see anything in the monitor and
    you don't hear any beep from the speaker, but the motherboard is on),
    you must follow this steps to solve it:

    - Remove the battery (the CMOS battery in the motherboard)
    - Clear the cmos with a clip for 5 or 6 seconds
    - Put the battery in the place again
    - Clear the cmos with a clip for 5 or 6 seconds.
    - Boot up and enjoy your motherboard :)

    I've tested it with 2 motherboards with the same problem. Not all the
    Asrock K7S41GX suffer from this.

    Regards,
    Hernán Galante.-

    Ps. The purpose of this message is to have a documentation in the net
    and in the newsgroup.

    hernan.galante, Jan 6, 2005