    -set the rame speed manually in the bios.
    -did not attempt to overclock or do anything to this board.

    Thanks

    GodPlayer, Feb 9, 2005

  2. What memory? What PSU, make and rating? Is heatsink upto the job and
    correctly fitted? Are you using previous install of XP? New motherboard
    should have fresh install. Go into BIOS and check CPU temp. Try default/safe
    settings in BIOS. Does POST screen correctly ID the CPU and speed?
    Mike.

    Michael Hawes, Feb 9, 2005

  3. GodPlayer

    GodPlayer Guest

    -256mb DDR 266mhz
    -450w, make-unsure
    -heatsink is made for my processor and correctly installed (came with is)
    -fresh install of XP
    -cpu temp ranges from 102-109 F
    -used default bios settings with no luck
    -it does id cpu and speed correctly

    Thanks

    GodPlayer, Feb 10, 2005
  5. Wrong memory! Processor runs at 166FSB, which needs PC333. If you set
    FSB to 133 it will run, but CPU will be underclocked.
    Mike.

    Michael Hawes, Feb 10, 2005
  6. GodPlayer

    GodPlayer Guest

    I manually set the FSB in the bios to 133mhz which reduced the speed to a
    2000+. This did not work.

    Thanks

    GodPlayer, Feb 11, 2005
  9. GodPlayer

    Chris Hill Guest

    Next try a different power supply. If that doesn't fix the problem,
    time for a different mainboard, maybe try Asus or something else with
    a good reputation.

    GodPlayer, Feb 12, 2005
  11. GodPlayer

    GodPlayer Guest

    Just bought this motherboard new about 2 weeks ago. I'll take it back

    GodPlayer, Feb 12, 2005