    tips. No computer icon, no recycling icon and so on. But the desktop
    is on the bottom tool bar. I have no idea of how to correct this
    anything wold be appreciated. thanks in advance if anyone has a clue.

    Lee, Mar 30, 2014

  2. Lee

    BillW50 Guest

    In Lee typed:
    If you have no icons on the desktop, you might have the view turned off.
    Right click on the desktop and the context menu pops up. And select view
    and make sure Show Desktop Icons is checked.

    BillW50, Mar 30, 2014

  3. Lee

    Lee Guest

    Hi BillW50, when I right click on the desktop nothing happens at all. I do
    have the tool bar but much prefer having the icons. For some reason I
    always get something no one else gets! (grin)

    Lee, Apr 24, 2014
  4. Lee

    BillW50 Guest

    Wow that is weird. Do you have a background (aka wallpaper)?

    BillW50, Apr 26, 2014
  5. Lee

    Lee Guest

    I have looked and looked but nothing seems to work. It is weird Can't
    right click on
    Desktop nothing happens, no icons at all. they all ended up in the
    toolbar. No I did not move them either. Can't even drag and drop to
    Desktop. Yes I did insert a background (wallpaper) a picture of my
    wife. No problem with that though.

    Lee, Apr 27, 2014
  6. Lee

    BillW50 Guest

    Well how about creating another user logon and see if that one works. If
    that works, it means that user account is corrupt.

    BillW50, Apr 29, 2014