    Lee US Army Retired
    2004 Georgie Boy Cruise Master
    Skype: lee.g.bray and logitech

    Lee, Mar 30, 2014

  2. Lee

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:zjRZu.13923$,
    Lee typed:
    > I am running my Gateway on Vista and the other day I had a crash and
    > was able to recover from it but now my desktop screen is missing all
    > the icons that were on it. I have tried to drag icons to the desktop
    > from the tool bar where I found them. but so far no luck. Anyone
    > have any tips. No computer icon, no recycling icon and so on. But
    > the desktop is on the bottom tool bar. I have no idea of how to
    > correct this anything wold be appreciated. thanks in advance if
    > anyone has a clue.

    If you have no icons on the desktop, you might have the view turned off.
    Right click on the desktop and the context menu pops up. And select view
    and make sure Show Desktop Icons is checked.

    --
    Bill
    Centrino Core2 Duo T5600 1.83GHz - 4GB - Windows XP SP2

    BillW50, Mar 30, 2014

  3. Lee

    Lee Guest

    Hi BillW50, when I right click on the desktop nothing happens at all. I do
    have the tool bar but much prefer having the icons. For some reason I
    always get something no one else gets! (grin)

    Lee, Apr 24, 2014
  4. Lee

    BillW50 Guest

    On 4/24/2014 6:42 AM, Lee wrote:
    > Hi BillW50, when I right click on the desktop nothing happens at all. I do
    > have the tool bar but much prefer having the icons. For some reason I
    > always get something no one else gets! (grin)

    Wow that is weird. Do you have a background (aka wallpaper)?

    > BillW50 wrote:
    >> In news:zjRZu.13923$,
    >> Lee typed:
    >>> I am running my Gateway on Vista and the other day I had a crash and
    >>> was able to recover from it but now my desktop screen is missing all
    >>> the icons that were on it. I have tried to drag icons to the desktop
    >>> from the tool bar where I found them. but so far no luck. Anyone
    >>> have any tips. No computer icon, no recycling icon and so on. But
    >>> the desktop is on the bottom tool bar. I have no idea of how to
    >>> correct this anything wold be appreciated. thanks in advance if
    >>> anyone has a clue.

    >> If you have no icons on the desktop, you might have the view turned off.
    >> Right click on the desktop and the context menu pops up. And select view
    >> and make sure Show Desktop Icons is checked.

    --
    Bill
    Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Thunderbird v24.4.0
    Centrino Core2 Duo T7400 2.16 GHz - 4GB - Windows 8 Pro w/Media Center

    BillW50, Apr 26, 2014
  5. Lee

    Lee Guest

    I have looked and looked but nothing seems to work. It is weird Can't
    right click on
    Desktop nothing happens, no icons at all. they all ended up in the
    toolbar. No I did not move them either. Can't even drag and drop to
    Desktop. Yes I did insert a background (wallpaper) a picture of my
    wife. No problem with that though.

    Lee, Apr 27, 2014
  6. Lee

    BillW50 Guest

    On 4/26/2014 6:27 PM, Lee wrote:
    > I have looked and looked but nothing seems to work. It is weird Can't
    > right click on Desktop nothing happens, no icons at all. they all
    > ended up in the toolbar. No I did not move them either. Can't even
    > drag and drop to Desktop. Yes I did insert a background (wallpaper)
    > a picture of my wife. No problem with that though.

    Well how about creating another user logon and see if that one works. If
    that works, it means that user account is corrupt.

    BillW50, Apr 29, 2014