ASUS 970 Pro Gaming NO VIDEO NO POST

Discussion in 'Asus' started by SignTech, Feb 21, 2017.

1. SignTech

SignTech

I’m hoping a somebody could shed some light to a problem with an upgrade of my PC. I purchased a ASUS 970 Pro Gaming/Aura board, AMD FX-8320 FX-Series 8-Coreand Patriot 16GB(2x8GB) Viper III DDR3 1600MHz. For some reason, I’m not getting any video output or post, I’ve tried everything such as reseating the CPU, trying different memory sticks and just running the minimum (1 memory stick, 1 HDD). My VGA Card Model is a MSI N210 that came out of my old PC and it was working fine, the PSU I’m somewhat suspicious since is a 400W and the EATX12V is four (4) pin and the ASUS board is eight (8) pin and I’m not sure if it makes a difference or is power starving, it a has QLEDs on the board and the one VGA_LED is red when it boots, I put a speaker and during booting a get a short beep followed by three (3) short ones in which I understand it means that the VGA card is not detected. Later this afternoon I tried an older GForce 7300 card and it amazingly posted but after I exited the BIOS no video or post again.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
    SignTech, Feb 21, 2017
Ask a Question