Asus A2500D fan running nearly all the time

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by John Doe, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    Hi,

    I purchased an Asus A2D A2500D laptop (with Athlon XP-M 2800+) and the
    fan is running for 35 seconds, stops for 10, then runs again. Again
    and again and again. This never stops.

    Is this the expected behavior?

    This is my first laptop so I can't really judge whether this is right
    or wrong, but the fan is making significant noise. I'd like to know if
    this is normal.

    CPU temperature is 57 deg Celsius, according to Asus Probe. Looks
    pretty normal to me. I don't know whether the fan is triggered when
    CPU gets too hot, or when the chassis does.

    Any thoughts?

    Thank you.

    John Doe, Jul 21, 2004