Asus a7n8x Deluxe 2-Port 1394 Bracket

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Sailfish, Oct 23, 2003.

  1. Sailfish

    Sailfish Guest

    My original motherboard had gone bad and I returned it to my dealer, who
    had requested that I bring the original box with all the cables. He
    RMAed this and provided me a replacement board. However, I noticed that
    he neglected to include the 2-Port 1394 Bracket that I had given him
    from the other board. He's now denying that I gave it to him and is
    refusing to get me another bracket.

    Rather than continue to fight this, can someone tell me where I can get
    this bracket. As a reminder, this is only a bracket that fits in a card
    slot that comes with a set of two cables that plug into the onboard 1394
    controller.

    Any help on this would be appreciated.

    --

    Best Regards,
    Pat

    Sailfish, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Sailfish

    Ed Guest

    Couldn't you just buy one of these (see below) and just re-do the pin
    order? I did that with an Asus USB bracket for a Soyo board, each wire
    is locked in by a tiny little latch, you just pull them back very gently
    to remove the wire, then just plug them back in the order the Asus board
    uses (if different), but of course that only works if the boards use
    similar type plugs at the mobo end. :)

    Biostar 2 Port Firewire (IEEE 1394) & 2 Port USB Cable bracket, $8.00

    http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=13-999-752-02.JPG

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...142&manufactory=1442&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

    Good luck,
    Ed

    Ed, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Sailfish

    Sailfish Guest

    Sure I can buy it (now that I have a link to where I can buy one) ...
    thanks!

    Sailfish, Oct 23, 2003