Asus A7N8X-E & Microsoft Keyboard Problem

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by FeMaster, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. FeMaster

    FeMaster Guest

    I've just built a new system, and am having problems with the MOBO and my
    keyboard. The MOBO indicates that I have a missing or error with my
    keyboard, but ONLY after I have been in Windows and shutdown the system for
    a period of time. Keyboard is a Microsoft Internet Pro with PS2 connector.

    Breakdown:
    Windows Restart: Keyboard fine.
    Windows Hibernate: Keyboard Error upon rebooting
    Windows Shut-Down: Keyboard Error upon rebooting

    The only way I can get the MOBO to recognize the keyboard being present is
    to turn of the power switch on the power supply and turn it back on. Then
    all boots fine.

    This is getting really annoying, and I was wondering if anybody else has had
    such a problem that they found a solution for.

    Thanks!

    FeMaster, Feb 26, 2004

  2. FeMaster

    Wes Newell Guest

    Well, I don't run windows and I don't have an MS keyboard, but you might
    look in the power management portion of your bios. Just a wag.

    Wes Newell, Feb 26, 2004

  3. FeMaster

    FeMaster Guest

    Well, that didn't seem to do much. Can't find any options that would appear
    to effect the keyboard in any way. Any other suggestions people? I know
    there are others out there that have this MoBo... BTW, I forgot to mention
    it is the Deluxe Version...

    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe...

    Thanks again!

    FeMaster, Feb 28, 2004