    Mb.

    Thanks,

    Harry

    Hm, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Hm

    Paul Guest

    Based on the contents of page 24 of the A7V manual, it looks like a
    512MB stick will work. At least as far as the manual is concerned :)
    YMMV.

    *************************** Pg.24 A7V *******************************
    3.5 System Memory (DIMM)
    This motherboard uses only Dual Inline Memory Modules (DIMMs). Three
    sockets are available for 3.3Volt (power level) unbuffered Synchronous
    Dynamic Random Access Memory (SDRAM) of 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, or
    512MB to form a memory size between 8MB to 1.5GB. One side (with memory
    chips) of the DIMM takes up one row on the motherboard. This motherboard
    also supports NECĀ¹s Virtual Channel (VC) SDRAMs.

    Memory speed setup is recommended through 4.4.1 Chip Configuration.
    IMPORTANT (see General DIMM Notes below for more):
    * SDRAMs used must be compatible with the current Intel PC133
    SDRAM specification.
    * DO NOT attempt to mix PC133 SDRAMs with VCM SDRAMs.
    * The motherboard only supports PC100 / PC133 DIMMs or VC
    SDRAMs for system memory. Registered DIMMs are not supported.

    Install memory in any combination as follows:
    DIMM Location 168-pin DIMM Total Memory
    Socket 1 (Rows 0&1) SDRAM 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512MB x1
    Socket 2 (Rows 2&3) SDRAM 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512MB x1
    Socket 3 (Rows 4&5) SDRAM 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512MB x1
    Total System Memory (Max 1536MB) =

    3.5.1 General DIMM Notes
    * DIMMs that have more than 18 chips are not supported on this motherboard.
    * For the system CPU bus to operate at 100MHz/133MHz, use only PC100-/PC133-
    compliant DIMMs.
    * ASUS motherboards support SPD (Serial Presence Detect) DIMMs. This is the
    memory of choice for best performance vs. stability.
    * SDRAM chips are generally thinner with higher pin density than EDO
    (Extended Data Output) chips.
    * BIOS shows SDRAM memory on bootup screen.
    * Single-sided DIMMs come in 16, 32, 64,128, 256MB; double-sided come
    in 32, 64, 128, 256, 512MB.

    WARNING! Be sure that the DIMM you use can handle the specified SDRAM
    MHz or else bootup will not be possible.

    The "home base" for A7Vxxx family motherboards is a7vtroubleshooting.com
    If you have further questions about the board, sometimes you'll find
    what you need over there.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jan 4, 2004