    i have a 1 gb module of ddr ram 333mhz ecc, works with this MO?
    thanks
    Cesar

    news.mad.ttd.net, Jun 1, 2005

  2. news.mad.ttd.net

    Paul Guest

    Memory has a couple of attributes - they are

    1) registered versus unbuffered
    2) ECC versus non-ECC

    The A7V600-X manual says "unbuffered non-ECC" memory.

    If you had "unbuffered ECC" memory, I believe that can fit into
    the socket without damage.

    If the memory you wish to buy has "registered" as an
    attribute, the computer will beep and will not start.

    To be completely safe, buy "unbuffered non-ECC" memory. If
    you already own "unbuffered ECC" memory, you can try plugging
    it into the DIMM socket. But "registered" will not work.

    http://www.crucial.com/search/srchr...unt=20&cv=Crucial&keywords=a7v600-x&submit=Go

    http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/con...00-X+Motherboard&distributor=0&submit1=Search

    This document says the Northbridge supports ECC, but if it is not
    wired on the motherboard, then it will not work. The important thing
    is, there is no mention of "registered" here:

    http://www.via.com.tw/en/downloads/presentations/chipsets/k7-series/k7-series_comparison.pdf

    Also, in the manual, it says this:

    "DDR DIMM sockets.These three 184-pin DIMM sockets support up
    to 3GB system memory using unbuffered non-ECC PC2700/2100 DDR
    DIMMs. Note: PC3200 maximum to 2 DIMMs support only."

    You can buy three PC3200 DIMMs if you want, but the restriction
    occurs when you select memory speed in the BIOS. If the BIOS is
    set to DDR400, then the limit is two sticks max.

    If you have further questions, please post the maker and part number
    of the RAM module.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jun 1, 2005

  3. Well, I suppose if you have a server with RAID, it might be worth it.
    But, I read it’s useless for a gamer. It’s slower and not required.
    Plus, it’s more expensive.

    forumposter32, Jun 6, 2005