    I can find no info on asus website regarding this problem
    any advice would be welcome

    John

    John, Jan 6, 2006

  2. John

    KC Computers Guest

    You need to go into the BIOS and increase the CPU FSB frequency from
    100MHz to 133MHz or 166MHz depending on your CPU model..

    KC Computers, Jan 6, 2006

  3. Have just fitted new mobo A7V880 and athlon 2400+ cpu
    I had exactly the same even with the latest beta bios.
    You have to set the fsb frequency manually in the bios.

    This seems to be the new meaning of Asus "jumperless".

    Friedrich Wuelfing, Jan 6, 2006
  4. John

    KC Computers Guest

    Have just fitted new mobo A7V880 and athlon 2400+ cpu
    We are a dealer and no Athlon Socket A motherboard that we ever
    worked with properly identifies the bus speed of those CPUs.
    The BIOS defaults to the slowest setting just in case.

    KC Computers, Jan 7, 2006
  5. We are a dealer and no Athlon Socket A motherboard that we ever
    Different here:
    My Abit KW7 and my Epox EP-8RDA6+pro
    identified the cpu fsb correctly without help.

    Friedrich Wuelfing, Jan 7, 2006
  6. John

    John Guest

    Thanks got it now

    John

    John, Jan 7, 2006
  7. John

    KC Computers Guest

    We are a dealer and no Athlon Socket A motherboard that we ever
    We have not worked with those models before. We have built
    Athlon Socket A systems using ASUS, ECS, MSI and AsRock motherboards
    and all have required the CPU FSB speed to be setup in the
    BIOS. Today's Athlon64 boards arne't like that and automatically
    set those up properly.

    KC Computers, Jan 7, 2006