Asus A7V8X-X reads my AthlonXP200 as 1250mhz only

Discussion in 'Asus' started by HelterSkelter, Nov 24, 2006.

  1. HelterSkelter

    HelterSkelter

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2006
    System:
    Processor: Athlon XP 2000
    Mobo: Asus A7V8X-X
    PSU: 400 watts
    CPU Fan: Ttake Volcano 9

    problem is that when i set the cpu speed at 1667mhz, system freezes and i get a black screen. but when i set it to 1250mhz, system runs smoothly. i think theres a problem on my vcore voltage because @ +3.3 Voltage Settings it only reads 2.80V, like this:

    MB Temperature: 40C/104F
    CPU Temperature: 62C/143.5F

    VCORE Voltage: 1.69V
    +3.3V Voltage: 2.81V
    +5V Voltage: 4.59V
    +12V Voltage: 11.90V

    i have to set it to "Ignore" option first before it boots.

    options i have right now are:
    - replace cpu fan
    - update bios
    - replace mobo :(

    i need help right now and im running a little short on money to buy a new mobo :(
    any suggestions will be greatly appreciated... thanks in advance...

    HelterSkelter, Nov 24, 2006