ASUS A8N-E Motherboard. ChipFan too slow causing PC to Crash!?

Discussion in 'Motherboard General Discussion' started by Madmuazel, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Madmuazel

Madmuazel

I have a AMD Athlon 64" bit processor and an ASUS A8N-E mobo. And everytime I boot up I get a msg saying my chipfan is too slow and yes, it is. The chipfan more than 80% of the time is still, doesn spin at all. Now could this be the reason that my PC suddenly crashes / shuts down on its own (as if the electricity / power just went off?

It is very annoying as I sent my motherboard off to my retailer also and they took more than 25 days to send it back. But the problem still continues.

Why is the chip fan so slow, or not working until I flick it with my fingers (still it only works for a while, then slows down after about 10 mins then stops.. What should I do? I cant afford to wait another 25 days, and now I am not under warranty aswell... Any advice? would be appreciated. Thanks!

Madmuazel, Jan 30, 2007
Ask a Question