ASUS A8N-SLI and Soundblaster Audigy - Crash?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by MartyKatz2, Jul 7, 2006.

  1. MartyKatz2

    MartyKatz2 Guest

    Hi all...

    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 35 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2211 Mhz
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 35 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2211 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE ACPI
    BIOS Revision 1011, 6/2/2005
    SMBIOS Version 2.3

    The above is my setup. I run XP Pro, and have a SB Audigy card in the
    system.

    Basically, my problem is that the Audigy plays sound, no problem. I
    can also use the Firewire port on the Audigy, no problem. however, if
    I try to play any sort of sound through the Audigy, while also making
    use of the Firewire port, the system almost always crashes - whatever
    pitch was playing on the soundcard at that times continues as a solid
    tone until I reset the computer - everything freezes, no blue screen of
    death, or anything else.

    Has anyone seen this problem before? Can anyone help?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    MartyKatz2, Jul 7, 2006

  2. MartyKatz2

    Paul Guest

    Have you tried another slot for the card ? Sound cards have
    been known to have issues with IRQ sharing, and a different
    slot for the card may help.

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 9, 2006