    Also I noticed on the OCZ website for the 3200DDR platinum a "Rev. 2"
    version. What's the difference and would I see better performance from
    using it versus the regular version?

    Randy, Aug 21, 2005

  2. Randy

    Paul Guest

    Read this article first.

    "Memory Timings Put to the Test" - shows effects of CAS
    http://www6.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20040119/index-07.html

    Here is a thread I just found.

    Wow. I'm shocked. The attachment in this thread is showing
    2% application difference, between 1T and 2T command rate.
    So much for agonizing over RAM. The 1T/2T thing refers to
    Command Rate, and Command Rate 2T is required if using four
    double sided sticks at DDR400 or higher. Two sticks can be
    run at Command Rate 1T, but if you push the memory high enough,
    you may have to return the Command Rate setting to 2T again
    (applies to overclockers who live well above DDR400).

    "Which is more important : CAS or 1T/2T"
    http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16273

    (Attachment from thread, in PDF format. Application comparisons
    are at the end of the document.)
    http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1626

    I guess it still applies - "Clock rate is king". And the FX57
    should give you the flexibility in that department.

    A Revision change means the chip type on the RAM module has changed.
    Chips go out of supply all the time. Winbond stopped making BH5.
    Samsung has stopped making TCCD. And so on. When this happens,
    the specialty companies either secure a last time buy of memory,
    or they start the search for a substitute with similar good
    characteristics.

    When you see a couple of revisions listed, it should mean that
    the earlier revision is no longer available at retail (but
    might be found on Ebay).

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Aug 21, 2005