    http://www20.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20050323/index.html

    hth,
    Ed

    Ed, Mar 27, 2005

  2. Ed

    Paul Guest

    Hmm. Uses a Pericom part to handle the switching of the PCI
    Express lanes (and I cannot find a datasheet for the "P12PCIE").
    I like the layout of the copper tracks - no 90 degree corners,
    and what could be rounded corners on the signal tracks. That is
    due to the high frequencies carried on those diff pairs.
    The layout person for that board must have worked a few 12 hour
    days to do that.

    Cool tech, but is it really necessary ? How often do you
    reconfigure graphics cards ?

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 27, 2005

  3. Ed

    Ed Guest

    Once every 3 years or so. ;)

    Another Asus 1st?
    Pentium M to Pentium 4 Socket Adapter
    http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2382

    Ed

    Ed, Mar 27, 2005
  4. Ed

    Paul Guest

    It'll make a dandy "summertime" computing solution.
    But the performance is a little uneven, and the
    processors will have to drop a lot in price, before
    I'd be interested.

    That is the problem now, with all the different variants
    and Intel vs AMD - it is hard to recommend a processor,
    without there being a weakness somewhere. Like the
    "H.W. Stockman" threads above, he bought a 3800+, but
    for his application it is performing more like a 2600.
    My P4 2.8C Northwood is slightly faster than his 3800+
    It is easy to spend a wad of dough, and get a nasty
    surprise.

    I think a primo application for the Pentium-M is this
    Media Center motherboard. Cool in every respect:

    http://club.aopen.com.tw/news/News_ShowAnswer.aspx?RecNo=7375&Language=English

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 27, 2005