ASUS A8N-VM or MSI RS482-M

Discussion in 'Asus' started by lino, Dec 29, 2005.

  1. lino

    lino Guest

    Hi,

    I recently bought a computer from Mesh that was supposed to have a :-
    ASUS A8N-VM - Nforce 410 PCI-Express Mainboard - Micro ATX motherboard.
    in conjunction with a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 0.09u Socket 939.

    After running various systme info tools I believe I have the right
    processor but an MSI RS482-M motherboard. (it's got RS482-M written on
    it but none of the system diagnostics tools name a board manufacturer).

    Two of the reasons I bought this PC were that the MB got good reviews
    and the general consensus was that it is easy to overclock and if
    things start grinding to a hault I should easily be able to increase
    the clock speed from 2GHz to 2.5.
    Have I been ripped off or should I keep quiet and think myself lucky?

    Cheers...Andy

    lino, Dec 29, 2005