    of you in the know.

    Not being familar with Dual Channel ram is it much better than regular?

    RY

    IMA, Mar 18, 2005

  2. IMA

    Lord Deckard Guest

    I'm buying one of these to go with an AMD 64 S939 processor. What I'm not
    Depends on how memory bandwidth intensive the application you're running is.
    Makes a difference in gaming from my experience. Ran 3DMark 2003 on the same
    system in sigle and dual channel mode and gained 600 extra points in the
    dual channel setup.

    Lord Deckard.

    Lord Deckard, Mar 18, 2005

  3. IMA

    Wes Newell Guest

    No such thing as dual channel ram. It's just ram in dual channel mode to
    the controller. I think what you really want to know is if you can use
    your PC2100 (133MHz, DDR266) in the MB and the answer is yes as long as
    you don't try overclocking the FSB too much. This assumes that your board
    supports PC2100 ram, and I haven't heard of one that doesn't. Check MB
    specs.

    Wes Newell, Mar 18, 2005
  4. IMA

    IMA Guest

    Gaming is most of what I do with my system. I broke down and ordered
    CORSAIR VALUE SELECT DUAL CHANNEL 1024MB KIT PC3200 DDR CAS2.5 2X512MB to go
    with. The old ram can go to my son's system.

    IMA, Mar 19, 2005
  5. IMA

    IMA Guest

    Hi Wes,

    So what you're saying is dual channel ram is just ordinary ram in pairs of
    two with a motherboard that supports it? Actually I broke down and bought
    two sticks of DDR 400, the old ram will go with my existing AMD 2100+ to my
    son.

    Thanks for the advice, learnt quite a bit from your site. I'll be
    overclocking my new equip once I get it in place next week.

    IMA

    IMA, Mar 19, 2005
  6. IMA

    Wes Newell Guest

    I just love the way they like saying dual channel kit, when it's really
    just 2 sticks of 512MB of the same ram.:)

    Wes Newell, Mar 19, 2005
  7. IMA

    Tazz Guest

    They don't even have to be the same brand (but it helps). I have 512
    PC3200 Samsung bought mid 2004 and 512 MB PC3200 OCZ bought in Jan. They
    are running in dual channel.

    </Tazz>

    Tazz, Mar 19, 2005