Asus A8V-XE Audio Issue

Discussion in 'Asus' started by ilyssen, Aug 9, 2009.

1. ilyssen

ilyssen

I am getting a 'no audio device' warning on my computer. I had just installed this motherboard, and thought I connected the audio points correctly.

#1 CD/DVD = connected via standard IDE cable. The drive will read from a disc. QUESTION = Do I need a separate audio cable to connect this device for the audio? Before this motherboard, I had an Abit KN8-Sli board, and I did not need it there.

#2 Rear Panel Audio Connectors = I know these should work outright, but I am not getting any response from them.

#3 Front Panel Audio Connectors = I believe I have these connected right too and I still don't get any responses. The 10 pin connector base on the board, across the top 5 pins, as GND, PRESENCE #, SENSE 1_RETURN, (a blank pin), and SENSE 2_RETURN. The bottom 5 pins are labled as PORT 1L, PORT 1R, PORT 2R, SENSE_SEND, and PORT 2L.
    ***The connectors from my front panel are labled as: GROUND (which is connected to the GND pin), MIC BIAS (which is connected to the PORT 1L), another MIC connector (which is connected to the PORT 1R), R SPKR OUT (which is connected to the PORT 2R), R SPKR RETURN (which is connected to the SENSE 1_RETURN), L SPKR OUT (which is connected to the PORT 2L), and L SPKR RETURN (which is connected to the SENSE 2_RETURN).

I tried to mirror the pin layout to my old mother board, thinking that it was an industry standard, because the connectors did not come close to matching the doagram in the manual. I am guessing this is where the problem lies.

Any help would be appreciated....THANKS....:eek:)

ilyssen, Aug 9, 2009
Ask a Question