ASUS Board recommendation please

Discussion in 'Asus' started by QX, May 15, 2012.

  1. QX

    QX Guest

    I need a recommendation for a new MB. I have always had great luck
    with ASUS so I want to stay with them.

    I use it for web browsing, a few (non powerhouse) games,
    USENET, mail, Office Suite applications and education.

    A homeowner based home floorplan program for renovation.

    Main use is Adobe Photoshop Elements for photo correction, and
    manipulation, then storage.

    I have been thinking about the Sabertooth Z77 board with 16 GB of
    memory. I am not an overclocker, I just put them together, and use
    them the way they are with default settings. To stay current,
    I do want to use the i7 Ivy Bridge device. Once together I run the
    machine for about 5 years and then build another.

    Suggestions? Comments?
    Thanks in advance.

    QX, May 15, 2012

  2. Do you have a particular reason for preferring an Intel CPU over an AMD one?

    Perce

    Percival P. Cassidy, May 16, 2012

  3. QX

    QX Guest

    Have had Intel since my first build which was a "socket 5".
    Just "always used them, never had a problem with them."

    QX, May 16, 2012
  4. QX

    FolkGT Guest

    And TBH, at this point in time Intel has a superior part. (I've used both
    in the past and have no fanboy preference.)

    FolkGT, May 18, 2012