    80GB hard drive .

    Thank You for the help

    Urak

    Fisher, Aug 15, 2005

  2. Fisher

    Paul Guest

    With a recent enough BIOS, the CUSL2 will handle a disk larger
    than 128GB, according to this:

    http://www.asuscom.de/support/FAQ/faq076_32gb_ide_hdd.htm

    Simply try the new disk on the motherboard, and see if the total
    80GB is reported. If it is not, then a BIOS upgrade should
    help. Go to

    http://support.asus.com.tw/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

    type in CUSL2, select the right board, then click "BIOS"
    to get a list of available BIOS.

    The ATA standard rates are backward compatible. You may
    connect an ATA133 disk drive to an ATA100 controller. It
    will still work.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Aug 15, 2005

  3. Fisher

    Fisher Guest

    Thanks paul..
    I just wanted to know fi ATA133 drive will work with ATA 100
    controller..that was my main worry.
    I will get a ATA133 maxtor or segate drive..
    Thanks once again.

    fisher

    Fisher, Aug 16, 2005
  4. That is the least problematic part. Besides, with the kind of drives
    you're considering, it doesn't matter whether the drive supports up to
    UDMA100 or UDMA133, as long as the other parameters (data density,
    access time, firmware optimization etc.) are up to par.
    Do *not* buy a DiamondMax Plus 9 if you value your data. You may want to
    consider a Samsung instead (SP0812N).

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, Aug 17, 2005