Asus eeePC 701 ROCKS

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by olfart, Mar 24, 2008.

  1. olfart

    olfart Guest

    Just finished installing Windows XP (cut out the fat using nLite) in place
    of Linux and am really pleased with this box.

    900mhz really around 630mhz
    4GB SS HD
    2GB Ram
    4GB SD Card

    6" X 9"X1 1/2"
    2lbs
    7" LCD
    Wireless
    3 USB ports
    SD Card Reader
    Battery 2-3 hrs

    Been running aroung town grabbing up all the free wireless connections from
    my car...plus of course connect anywhere in my house(no more magazines in
    the bathroom). Gave my old Dell C610 to my wife. This thing is built like a
    brick. Truly a portable laptop with very good performance using Win XP. SS
    Drives have a shorter life expectancy than mechanical ones, but by putting
    alot of frequently written files like My Documents and Temp Internet Files
    on the SD Card I hope this box lasts as long as I do....73 and still
    kicking.

    olfart, Mar 24, 2008

  2. olfart

    olfart Guest

    Forgot to mention....The nLite version of Win Xp plus anti-virus, firewall,
    MS Works 4.5, CCleaner, SuperSpyware, Media Player Classic&XP codecs is
    using 1.1gb of the 4gb HD.

    olfart, Mar 24, 2008