    Jethro Guest

    Is there anyone out there using the Asus PC-DL Deluxe Mainboard. Post you
    experience here.

    Jethro, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Leythos is, google for his posts, or ping him (subject line: [Ping]
    Person [question], he'll probably notice it quicker.

    Philip Callan, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Jethro

    Leythos Guest

    I have two of them now, and I love them.

    I bought the 2.4g 533 with 2gb of ram and dual 250GB SATA and have them
    mirrored on the SATA RAID controller.

    This machine is faster than any of the small servers (and I have a lot
    of Dell servers) we have in the office.

    My only suggestion is that you MAKE SURE THE CPU'S ARE MATCHED - they
    must be the same set of numbers or it won't work properly. One other
    thing, get at least 5 FANS (including CPU) for the case and at least a
    500W Dual Xeon rated PSU (about $120 if you get a good one). The people
    I bought the board (systems) from said to disable the fan speed mode on
    the CPU's and run them full speed all the time (they said Intel tells
    them to do this).

    Also, if you run Windows, run Windows 2003 or XP Professional in order
    to get the best support for Hyper-Threading (2000 does not fully support
    HT).

    I use these boxes as FTP (30 sites) and small ASP / ASP.Net servers and
    even run dual Counter-Strike dedicated servers on one of them. I never
    see the CPU load above 20% at peak.

    I like them so much I'm considering getting one as a workstation.

    Feel free to contact me (address below) any time concerning the
    stations.

    Leythos, Mar 4, 2004