    Just bought the K8V deluxe. What are the differences between the two?

    Cheers,
    eilon.

    eilon, Apr 15, 2004

  2. eilon

    William Guest

    Differences I see are:

    Scalable HyperTransport on Deluxe
    800 MHz Hyper Transport on SE

    3COM 3C940 Gb Ethernet LAN on Deluxe
    Marvell 88E8001 GbLAN on SE

    And I would imagine the SE comes with updated drivers.

    IF YOU BUY THIS BOARD, USE APPROVED RAM!!!

    -Bill

    William, Apr 16, 2004

  3. eilon

    eilon Guest

    Thanks Bill.

    I most thankful to you.

    Can you explain some more about the differences between the two
    (Scalable HyperTransport \ 800 MHz Hyper Transport) ? Isnt it true
    that scalable can be scaled to 800Mhz as well? When I look at the
    probes of the MB I can see that the memory is set to 800 Mhz. Do I
    miss something?

    Thanks, Eilon.

    eilon, Apr 28, 2004
  4. eilon

    William Guest

    I'm not sure. I just bought the SE and happened the have the info
    from the website handy.

    William, May 1, 2004