    It seems that Asus does not have drivers for Windows 7. Is that correct?
    That means that I will not be able to use Windows 7 with this mainboard or Windows 7 comes with the built-in drivers?

    Many thanks in advance

    fangorn72, Mar 19, 2014

  2. fangorn72

    Paul Guest

    64 bit
    (Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit)

    http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/14875/en-us

    32 bit
    (Windows 7 32-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit)

    http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/14874/en-us

    It's always a lot of fun trying to find the drivers on the
    Nvidia site!

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Mar 19, 2014

  3. fangorn72

    fangorn72 Guest

    Thanks Paul!

    Are Audio, Video and Ethernet all included in the Nvidia driver?

    fangorn72, Mar 20, 2014
  4. fangorn72

    Paul Guest

    I tracked down the "hard to find" one for you :)

    For the RealTek, you can go to realtek.com.tw and
    find the ALC662 HDAudio driver there. This should
    be a driver, that works for all their HDAudio chips.

    http://www.realtek.com/downloads/do...=3&GetDown=false#High Definition Audio Codecs

    For the Ethernet, it depends on whether the NVidia chipset uses a
    "PHY". And the user manual lists PHY, so it means the NVidia
    MAC inside the chipset is being used. You should find
    working Etherhet, after installing the large NVidia download.
    On some NVidia designs, a completely separate Ethernet is used,
    and then you'd need yet another download.

    Windows Vista/Win7 32-bit Driver Versions:

    * Ethernet Driver (v73.14+) WHQL <---------------- NVidia MAC + external PHY
    * Network Management Tools (v73.16) "Sedona"
    * SATAIDE Driver (v11.1.0.33) WHQL
    * SATARAID Driver (v11.1.0.33) WHQL
    * RAIDTOOL Application (v11.1.0.30)
    * SMBUS Driver (v4.74) WHQL
    * SMU Driver (v1.71) WHQL
    * GPU Driver (v190.38) WHQL <---------------------- I assume this is video
    * Physx (v9.09.0428)
    * Away Mode Driver (v6.0.6000.114) WHQL
    * Installer (v7.57)

    That means, so far it looks like just two files are needed.
    The large NVidia file, and the RealTek file.

    *******

    If you want to see documentation for the v190.38 driver, I
    can find a reference to it here. If for any reason, the above
    two files don't give you working video, you can consult this
    page. The "Supported Products" tab shows which GPUs or chipsets
    are supported.

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_190.38_whql.html

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 20, 2014
  5. fangorn72

    fangorn72 Guest

    Hi Paul.

    I had no problems with the Video and Ethernet drivers. They were both included in Windows 7. I could not hear any sound with the generic Windows 7 driver though.

    I did not find the realtek ALC662 HDAudio driver in the realtek website.
    Instead I found the driver in the following website:

    http://driverscollection.com/?file_cid=453379793132e5cc7553b8cd132

    I installed the driver. The driver is installed and has been recognised by windows, but I am still unable to hear any sound from the speakers.

    fangorn72, Mar 23, 2014
  6. fangorn72

    fangorn72 Guest

    Made it.

    My sound card has a back panel and a front panel.
    For some reason the front panel does not work anymore. I just plugged the speakers into the line-out jack of the back panel.

    Now everything works fine. Probably it would have been fine with the generic windows 7 audio driver.

    In the end, the Asus M2N-MX SE is fully supported by Windows 7.

    fangorn72, Mar 23, 2014
  7. fangorn72

    Paul Guest

    The HDAudio driver on the RealTek site, probably supports
    all of their HDAudio chips. You can download the file,
    and check the INF files in it to see what chips are supported.

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 24, 2014