    code. Is it to be assumed the card is toast?

    Also,the card doesnt have an external power connector like a lot of the x16
    cards,do some cards not require extra power?

    Rob, Feb 10, 2007

  2. Rob

    Paul Guest

    Re: Asus M2N-SLi Deluxe with Biostar Geforce 7600 video car-1 longbeep,2 short beeps

    Rob wrote:
    > I get 1 long beep and 2 short beeps-video card error when i plug my
    > brand new 7600 video card PCI Express x16 into my brand new Asus M2N
    > Sli Deluxe motherboard. I tried both the x16 slot and the x8 slot,same
    > thing.I uninstalled the ram and drives and even disconnected the
    > processor,I even tried starting with no video card installed at all and
    > i get this same error code. Is it to be assumed the card is toast?
    >
    > Also,the card doesnt have an external power connector like a lot of the
    > x16 cards,do some cards not require extra power?

    If both are brand new, it is going to be hard to determine
    which one is bad. At least, without some other stuff to test
    with.

    I'd probably pull the motherboard from the case, and try it while the
    motherboard is resting on a telephone book (one with a cardboard cover).
    That will eliminate a short to the bottom of the motherboard.
    The only dangerous thing about that method, is the video card
    is not supported, and one yank on the cable would be a
    disaster.

    I would have thought that with missing RAM and missing video,
    you'd hear missing RAM first, until RAM is installed, and then
    you'd hear missing video. I wouldn't have thought it would
    flag the video first, but I suppose the BIOS author could do
    it in any order they please. To get a beep code, you'd need
    the processor and the case speaker, and there should be a missing
    RAM beep, if all you had installed was the processor.

    The 7600 is a reasonably low power card. The PCI Express x16
    video slot carries roughly 12V @ 4A to the video card. If the
    card is going to use more than that, they put the Aux connector
    on the end of the card. The pins in the video card slot are
    rated at 5 amps, but the measurements on Xbitlabs shows the designers
    try to limit the current draw to about 4.3 amps or so, and they
    try not to go right to the limit.

    Unfortunately, there have been PCI Express lane failures on
    chipsets, so you cannot entirely discount the motherboard.
    It could be either the motherboard or the video card end of
    the connection. You'd need some swapping (put video card in
    some other PCI Express motherboard, or use a different video
    card, like an old PCI video card in the new motherboard).

    Are you sure the card is fully seated ?

    Paul

    Paul, Feb 10, 2007

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Well I ran out and bought a cheap video card and put it in and i get the
    same thing.I think I remember somewhere that the award bios does video first
    so it can display any problems.I took out the processor and tried starting
    it and nothing happened,put the cards back in and got the error code again
    so I am hoping it's only the motherboard.

    Rob, Feb 10, 2007
  4. Rob

    Rob Guest

    I am just returning the mb,cpu and video card to newegg.com for
    replacement.They didnt give me any grief and i am not sure if its the mb or
    cpu.I just dont think the video card could be bad since the one i ran out
    and got wouldnt work either.This is actually the first time i have ever had
    a DOA computer part in about 18 years of building them myself. :(

    Rob, Feb 10, 2007
  5. Rob

    Walter Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    >I get 1 long beep and 2 short beeps-video card error when i plug my brand
    >new 7600 video card PCI Express x16 into my brand new Asus M2N Sli Deluxe
    >motherboard. I tried both the x16 slot and the x8 slot,same thing.I
    >uninstalled the ram and drives and even disconnected the processor,I even
    >tried starting with no video card installed at all and i get this same
    >error code. Is it to be assumed the card is toast?
    >
    > Also,the card doesnt have an external power connector like a lot of the
    > x16 cards,do some cards not require extra power?

    I had the same problem with that board and an ATI video card. It turns out
    that one of the memory sticks was bad.

    --

    ______________________________

    Walter B
    waltblanch[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
    ______________________________

    Walter, Feb 10, 2007
  6. Rob

    Rob Guest

    I took the memory out and same thing happened whether they are out or in.

    Rob, Feb 10, 2007
  7. Rob

    Mark Hall Guest

    I have this mobo and when I first put it in I got exactly the same problem
    but I later found out that it was 2 things 1st I had only connected 1 power
    lead to the mobo (there are 2 on this board) and the other (which don't
    count in your case) was that I hadn't connected the power lead on the
    graphics card.

    just a bit of info about this board when you get it up and running update
    the bios cos windows get bsods if you leave it as it is

    Mark Hall, Feb 18, 2007
  8. Rob

    omcan

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Try updating bios. probably there will be no problem

    omcan, Feb 3, 2012