Asus M2n-SLI Nforce 560 probs with ext. USB HD

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Vanessa Schneider, Dec 15, 2008.

  1. Hello

    I have huge problems and malefunctions with my extern USB drive. It is a
    Samsung 160. This occurs since I have this new Asus M2n-SLI board.

    I have installed the newest drivers from the Asus support page. Chipset
    Driver Package....
    I had all boxex checked except the sound driver.

    Everything works great. Even Flashdrives in front and rear USB slots.

    But the problem is that I can not copy any more huge file to or from my
    extern USB drive!!!

    It starts and then stalls. Checked all and file structure and partition
    structure or MFT etc. are ok.

    Anyway, when eg. copying a huge file to that drive or starting a defrag of
    that drive IO process stalls or gets horribale slow!

    Events occurs like Event ID 51 !! or 57 :(

    Is it possible that I have to deinstall the chipset driver and install it
    again without nvidia Sata support driver or what that is?

    BTW: The USB drive is connected to rear ports !

    Vanessa Schneider, Dec 15, 2008