    So, I'm wondering what my options are. Is there anything else that I myself can do? I've read about some people ordering new chips with the BIOS pre-loaded, how could I go about doing this? Is there anything ASUS will do for me? Is this covered under warranty?

    For future reference, is resetting the CMOS something that should always be done after a BIOS flash? If so, when exactly should it be done? It seems like after a successful BIOS flash, the computer automatically reboots. Would I then shut it down again, reset CMOS, then boot up? Or would I need to do a force shut down right after the flash finishes, before the computer has booted once? I may be overcomplicating it but I don't want to have a problem again with anything.

    Also, which version of the BIOS should I go for? I was wanting to at least get a version that had Phenom support, and I figured the newest version would be best (I'm still amazed how many issues there are with the latest BIOS, each new version should get better and better).

    scottw182, Jan 11, 2009
  2. scottw182

    scottw182

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2009
    Based on replies from other forums, I'm probably going to have to get a replacement BIOS chip. Can anyone verify that the BIOS chip on this board isn't soldered?

    Also, is it a DIP chip or a PLCC chip?

    scottw182, Jan 12, 2009
  3. scottw182

    scottw182

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2009
    If I order a new BIOS chip with 2101 pre-loaded, isn't there still a possibility that I'll have problems? I've read reports from other people who had successful flashes, but then the BIOS still doesn't work correctly, for whatever reason. Would it be safer to go with an older version? Looking through forums, it seems like there are people who have had problems with every version as well. So it seems like none of them are a safe bet. I would prefer as new of a version as possible, and definitely want Phenom support. Any recommendations?

    scottw182, Jan 12, 2009