Asus Maximus XI Hero boot from Dell SAS 6/iR Raid?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by PhaseGuardian, Nov 17, 2021.

  1. PhaseGuardian

    PhaseGuardian

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2021
    I have an ASUS Maximus XI Hero i9-9900k gaming PC.

    my old computer is a Dell T5400 desktop that runs off a SAS raid controller 6/iR model.

    I have a Raid0 on this raid card that I need to boot from on the newer i9 computer so I moved the Raid car to the third x16 slot in the Maximus motherboard desktop which I think is an x4 slot?

    the only problem is I can’t get the i9 PC to boot from this raid card which has windows 10 on it.

    it’s not showing the drives at all.

    is there an advanced boot setting I am missing or should this card be in the 1st or 2nd x16 slot instead?

    PhaseGuardian, Nov 17, 2021