    It is just behind the USB connector .

    Thank you,

    Homie

    Homie, Jun 3, 2004

  2. Homie

    Paul Guest

    A person who owns one of these, has probably never had the side off
    their computer case. And, they probably don't know the model
    number of the motherboard either :) The only info on this board,
    is one crappy picture on the HP website, and the resolution is
    too low to help you.

    In cases like this, sometimes I try to find the retail equiv of
    the OEM board. Asus is usually lazy enough to reuse the layout
    of the OEM board, in a retail version, and just change the
    model number on the silk screen. Unfortunately, in this case, the
    nearest board (with 845GL chipset), seems to have a different layout
    and number of caps for the regulator circuit, from its OEM brother.
    So, there is no guarantee that researching that board, that the
    same regulator is used.

    It may be less hassle to just buy a board on Ebay. That is, assuming
    no one else posts to this thread.

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 4, 2004

  3. Homie

    Homie Guest

    Thanks Paul,
    I am going to call the customer....he sells lots of HP's & maybe he can find another
    one like it...

    Gary

    --
    Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

    http://motherboardrepair.com

    Homie, Jun 7, 2004