ASUS NVidia N6600GT doesn't like DVI on some monitors

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by mswlogo, Jun 8, 2006.

  1. mswlogo

    mswlogo Guest

    Every time I upgrade a Video Card or mother board I go through hell for
    3 months. Even after very careful selection.

    Any way.

    I have a Dell 2001FP Ultra Sharp and a 6200 PNY NVidia that works fine.
    I have a Dell 2405FPW UltraSharp and a 6600GT Asus that works fine.

    Both Dell 650 PC's running XP with latest NVidia drivers.

    I'd like to swap Video Cards. But the 6600GT Refuses to run with the
    Dell 2001FP.

    No BIOS Display and will display once XP starts but will perdiodically
    go into power save mode and come back a few seconds later.

    This only happens over DVI, VGA works fine.

    I've seen tons of posts on this and the most common is they got the
    card replaced.
    Yes, I've done the EDID things, I've tried different cables etc.

    But I'd like to try to update the Video Bios. But I downloaded ASUS
    Bios Update and it says it can't find a compatible device to update.

    BIOS is Version 5.43.02.61.AS03

    Should I contact ASUS?

    Any suggestions?

    mswlogo, Jun 8, 2006