ASUS P3B-F: Why are does Tualatin 1400MHz only cycles at 1200MHz

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Torben Birk, May 28, 2004.

  1. Torben Birk

    Torben Birk Guest

    Hi

    Anyone know why Celeron Tualatin 1400/256/100/1.5 (SL6C6) only cycles at
    1200MHz ?
    Shouldn't it be running at the documented 1400MHz since the multiplier is
    internally "intel fixed" to 14x ?
    Is is then a 1200MHz in disguise :-o

    System:
    ASUS P3B-F rev.1.04 flashed with latest beta BIOS (1008 beta 04).
    Upgradeware Slot-t

    Vcore is monitored to 1.472 volts.

    cheers

    Torben Birk

    Torben Birk, May 28, 2004

  2. Torben Birk

    Torben Birk Guest

    Sorry....
    Running the test utility WCPUID in the OS displays the correct and complete
    CPU information :)
    I Guess the BIOS does not know the name of newer CPUs like Tualatins:
    It says: "Intel(R) Pentium(R) II 1200 MHz Processor".

    Cheers
    Torben Birk

    Torben Birk, May 28, 2004

  3. If you still have the original 1008 beta 4 BIOS, you may want to flash
    one that at least contains more recent microcode updates:
    http://www.mrufer.ch/pc/tualatin4_e.html
    (One with changed CPU/freq display is not really necessary, since that
    is purely cosmetic. Microcode updates, however, are not that
    unimportant.)

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, May 28, 2004