    +---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
    I tell you, nothing works up an appetite like committing serious
    tax fraud. - Dayv.

    Todd Clayton, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Price wasn't an object when I chose my setup (excluding vid card)

    and I got the P4C800-E Deluxe for a few reasons:

    800 FSB / DDR400 support
    Dual Channel ram capability
    Onboard Firewire & 8 USB ports was nice
    SATA support
    Onboard Intel Gigbit NIC w/ CSA instead of the 3com on the not -E model

    I dont even use the RAID features at the moment, but havent heard anything
    bad about it
    (short of if you wish to mirror SATA1 to a RAID on PATA1 and SATA2 to a RAID
    on PATA2,
    with WinXP Pro, you need to do it at time of install)

    Personally, I think a lot of the abilities of the board, I'll never use, but
    the onboard firewire rules for
    my wife's MiniDV camcorder, I love the SATA drives, and only have my CDRW
    and DVD on IDE,
    simply because SATA non-HD's are pretty scarce at the moment.

    So if the P4C800 series is what your looking at, just do yourself the favor
    now, and get the -E instead of the
    straight P4C800

    Philip Callan, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Todd Clayton

    DanO Guest

    P4C800-E Deluxe - I have one and it runs great. My P4 2.4C is happily
    overclocked to 3.3GHz, stock Intel HSF and stock CPU Core Voltage.

    DanO, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Todd Clayton

    sheer Guest

    P4C800E

    sheer, Oct 26, 2003
  5. Todd Clayton

    Britt Guest

    P4C800-E Deluxe

    I just built my new system about 2 weeks ago now and I'm running that board
    with the P4 2.80c processor. So far no trouble and the board has alot of
    nice/extra features also. You want be disappointed in this choice.

    Britt, Oct 27, 2003
  6. Todd Clayton

    Roy Coorne Guest

    Great! And... which RAM do you use?

    Roy

    Roy Coorne, Oct 27, 2003
  7. what are your bios settings?

    Locust

    valued customer, Oct 27, 2003
  8. Todd Clayton

    isadora Guest

    P4T533

    isadora, Oct 27, 2003
  9. Todd Clayton

    DanO Guest

    Mushkin Level 2 DDR433, PC3500 (2x256MB), Running at DDR433 at 2,3,2,6
    timings.

    DanO, Oct 29, 2003
  10. Todd Clayton

    DanO Guest

    Which BIOS settings? There are lots of them...

    Here are the basic ones
    FSB = 270
    Memory = 5/4 divider
    CPU Volt = Auto