    of the same brand, my motherboard beeps. When I take one 256m dimm
    out, it boots fine with 768m of ram. I know the ram is good because I
    tried swapping the 256m dimms. Anyone have any ideas?

    Paulers, Jul 25, 2003

  2. The last ram slot will only work if you put single sided sticks in slots 2 &
    3. If using double sided, then only 1 & 2 are available to
    use...unfortunatly.

    Jim

    Jim in Canada, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Paulers

    Muttley Guest

    You need to use either 2 x 512MB double sided sticks (Slots 1 and 2), or 1 x
    512MB Double sided in slot 1 and 2 x Single sided 256MB sticks in slot 2 and
    3.

    John S.

    Muttley, Jul 25, 2003