ASUS P4C800 - Changed from P4 2.4C -> 3.2 and now LOTSA a noise - help!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by M. B., Nov 25, 2004.

  1. M. B.

    M. B. Guest

    I have been running my system for over a year with a P4 2.4C processor and a
    genuine Intel Heatsink/Fan combo. The noise level was very low.

    A few days ago, I upgraded my CPU to the P4 3.2 version (also with a retail
    Intel heatsink/fan), and immediately I noticed that the "fan" noise got MUCH
    louder. I decided to use the "older" 2.4C heatsink/fan on this newer P4
    3.2 chip and although the noise level is a little lower now, it is still at
    least 50% louder then how it used to be.

    Can someone please give me some suggestions as yo why is this happening?
    Is it because the "newer" P4 3.2 CPU needs more RPM's and therefore
    "forcing" the older heatsink/fan into rotating faster and therefore causing
    this extra noise?

    I am NOT overclocking my CPU in any way!

    By the way, my motherboard is an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe (not E version) with
    BIOS 1019 and I am not sure if it supports the CPU fan speed control.

    Thanks for your help everyone!

    M. B., Nov 25, 2004

  2. M. B.

    LeeBos Guest

    Faster CPU=more heat, put a Zalman CNPS-7000 cooler on it, MUCH quiter.

    LeeBos, Nov 25, 2004