    same levels as Award or Phoenix?

    Cheers,
    Vince

    Vincent Poy, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Vincent Poy

    Mistoffolees Guest

    Any bios is good provided that it works properly and supports the motherboard
    in which it is installed. And it is purely a matter of personal opinion whether one
    make of bios is better than another. I have always liked AMI and Phoenix better
    but never Award. Perhaps this is due to coming across one too many errors in
    bootup that follows the line "Verifying DMI data pool...." from motherboards so
    equipped with Award bioses several years ago.

    Mistoffolees, Jul 14, 2003

  3. i hate the part if your have a scsi or raid controller onboard.....then u
    have to wait for it to complete its busscan before u can enter your mb bios
    on the p4c800....that makes tweaking super slow..but the bios it self is
    pretty good...it easyli arranged so u can find what your looking for....

    the boot menu is a bit strangely arranged with 3 sub menus for configuring
    which drive to boot from and in what order....but that is about it

    a nice feature is when u overclock, and the system fails...and resets your
    bios to minium in the cpu settings , then u can still see what setting u
    had, so u dont have to write stuff down (unless u flash)

    Lasse

    Lasse Lundberg, Jul 14, 2003
  4. Yes, i hate it too....:-(

    Ioannis Chatziandreou, Jul 14, 2003
  5. Vincent Poy

    Vincent Poy Guest

    That's true. Phoenix is good and rock solid. But Phoenix/Award both cost
    more to the mobo manufacturer than AMI does. I always thought the
    motherboards using AMI or Phoenix BIOSes usually has less things that you
    can configure in the BIOS than Award.

    Cheers,
    Vince

    Vincent Poy, Jul 19, 2003
  6. Vincent Poy

    Vincent Poy Guest

    Wow, I've never seen the part that it will complete the busscan on the RAID
    before you can get into the BIOS. On my ABIT 440BX motherboard with the
    built-in HighPoint 370 RAID, it seems to conflict with everything if you
    put anything in PCI slot 3 or 5 of the motherboard.

    I guess ASUS is usually good since that's what I had during the Pentium
    days and then went ABIT because of the softMenu thingy.

    Cheers,
    Vince

    Vincent Poy, Jul 19, 2003
  7. Vincent Poy

    Vincent Poy Guest

    Maybe it's the only one that they can get all the features in while they
    can't on the other ones. Everyone else seems to use Award and Gigabyte
    uses Phoenix.

    Cheers,
    Vince

    Vincent Poy, Jul 19, 2003