    these in action. Any opinions?

    Thanks,

    DJ

    DJ, Jul 27, 2003

  2. DJ

    jaeger Guest

    So? That site's been a laughing stock since 1999 or so. Gigabyte
    probably put a $20 bill in the box.
    Both boards are bloated IMO, but the GB hasn't had a BIOS update since
    4/30 despite being a bit rough. At least the Asus will be well
    supported.

    jaeger, Jul 27, 2003

  3. DJ

    John Guest

    Don't buy a board based on info from Tom's Hardware. I bought the Gigabyte
    8IRXP based on numerous articles on that site raving about the board. Tom
    conveniently failed to mention that the 8IRXP has a major reboot problem
    when the cpu voltage is raised. The reboot problem was never resolved
    despite several attempts by Gigabyte. That board now sits in the drawer, a
    complete waste of money for me. Tom would definitely have know of this
    problem as he had 8IRXP articles with the cpu voltage severely raised. Like
    Jaeger, I believe he's being paid incentives by Gigabyte.

    See what you can find about the Gigabyte board on other websites and in the
    forums before you buy.

    Good luck

    John, Jul 28, 2003