Asus P4C800, need part numbers of power FET's

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Homie, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. Homie

    Homie Guest

    Hello Asus group, been awhile since I have been here!
    I am working on a model P4C800 and need the actual numbers printed on the power
    transistors surrounding the socket 478.
    The power transistors are the small black devices (aprox 3/8" square) , (actually they
    are FET's). The location #'s are as follows:
    Q176
    Q195
    Q196
    Q208
    Q209
    Q210
    Q199
    Q201

    The numbers are similar to :
    06N063

    Thanks in advance,

    Homie

    Homie, Jun 3, 2004

  2. Homie

    Paul Guest

    I have a P4C800-E Deluxe, and Q199 has the lettering 60T03H
    on it, followed by 342405. The logo is A-Power, and the nearest
    thing to a link is here. Note that the number I've read off
    Q199 isn't listed here!

    http://www.a-power.com.tw/products_05.htm

    Q201 says FA0528 followed by FDD6606 and it could be a
    Fairchild logo.

    http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/FD/FDD6606.html

    I had extreme difficulty seeing these labels. I used a LED
    flashlight, but you have to hold the flashlight just right
    to get the glare from the part to reflect back at you. I
    couldn't use my magnifying glass at the same time, as I
    just put the board in my case last night, and I'm not
    about to take it back out right now.

    I cannot make out enough of the others to help there.

    Anyone else who has a board, please take a crack at it too,
    as it is a real challenge for your vision. I'm no where
    near 20-20.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jun 3, 2004

  3. Homie

    Homie Guest

    Thanks for the effort Paul,
    I know how difficult it is to read these........
    On your board, there should be some places for transistors with nothing actually
    mounted ....?
    Can you tell me which ones are left blank?

    Here's what happened, I was repairing this board for a customer, it had several
    shorted power transistors. I normally replace them as a set.
    I was writing down the numbers as I removed them, then I got interrupted.....when I
    came back to the job, without thinking, I removed the rest of the transistors without
    writing anything down.... DOH!!!

    So YES, if anyone can help with this, it would be great!
    --
    Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

    http://motherboardrepair.com

    Homie, Jun 4, 2004
  4. Homie

    Paul Guest

    For depops, you might download the manual for the board. The
    picture of the board in the manual isn't clear enough to read
    the part numbers off the MOSFETs, but it is clear enough to
    see which sites are depopulated. I recommend the "Traditional
    Chinese" translation of the manual, because they usually put
    a higher res picture in that manual, than in the English one.

    P4C800 Deluxe (pg. 19)
    http://www.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/P4C800/t1224_p4c800.pdf
    The letter "Y" is for MOSFET populated, "N" for no device installed.
    There are nine sites, and only six are used for the three phase
    vcore regulator.

    Y N Y

    N N

    Y <--- Fan_MOSFET

    P4C800-E Deluxe (pg. 21) No Chinese manual, so use the French one.
    This is the board I just finished building up.
    http://www.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/P4C800E-DX/f1347_p4c800-e_deluxe.pdf
    The MOSFETs have the same pattern as above. I can see enough of
    each one, to tell which is a 6606 and which is a 60T03, but I cannot
    read the silk screen next to each one.

    6606 N 60T03
    60T03

    6606

    N N
    60T03
    6606

    Y <--- Fan_MOSFET

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jun 4, 2004
  5. Homie

    Homie Guest

    Damn!
    I can almost read the numbers.....
    Thanks for that, it did cover what I needed for the unpopulated positions..
    I never even thought of the manual, they usually don't help much for this type of
    info.

    Thanks again,

    Gary (Homie)

    Homie, Jun 4, 2004
  6. Homie

    Paul Guest

    You can also crosscheck the three phases, by noting which MOSFET
    is connected the input side inductor L_in (which in turn goes to
    +12V), and which MOSFET goes to GND. The position of the two MOSFET
    types should be consistent on all three phases.

    +12V

    L_in
    | <---- All high side MOSFETs connect
    |---+ to this point
    ----|
    |---+

    +---Lout_#1---X <---- All Lout_n join at
    | the "X"
    |---+
    ----|
    |---+ <---- All low side MOSFETS connect to
    | GND
    GND

    A cross check is better than some magic smoke :)

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 4, 2004