    Are these the same board? What are the differences? I have read good
    reviews on the 800 Deluxe but can only find 800-E Deluxe boards
    available. Thanks!

    HKEK, Feb 16, 2006

  2. P4C or P4P ? P4C will meet much more professionell requirements. P4P is
    an excellent choice for gamers, even if video bandwidth is less compared
    to P4C. P4P8000 E Deluxe is a very good buy for the money. Got some
    here, very stable.

    Regards
    Niclaas

    Niclaas Grehling, Feb 16, 2006

  3. HKEK

    Paul Guest

    Different secondary RAID chip, different audio chip, same ethernet
    chip (rebadged), AGP warn LED different, Northbridge heatsink
    orientation different, one has optical SPDIF:

    http://www.asus.com.tw/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=177&l1=3&l2=12&l3=31
    http://www.asus.com.tw/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=178&l1=3&l2=12&l3=31

    There are probably other things I missed.

    Paul

    Paul, Feb 16, 2006
  4. HKEK

    HKEK Guest

    I wasn't able to find that kind of information on the ASUS site. Seems
    that you have some experience here. In your analysis, Is the P4P800-E
    Deluxe the better board, or should I continue to look for the straight
    P4P800 Deluxe? I am trying to find one of the best boards for socket
    478 processors. Thanks.

    HKEK, Feb 16, 2006
  5. HKEK

    Paul Guest

    Then you'd get a P4C800-E Deluxe. And the difference is, the
    P4C800-E Deluxe can overclock to FSB1200 (CPU clock = 300MHz)
    without AGP artifacts. With the P4P800 family, you never know
    how far a given board will get (maybe CPU clock of 250MHz).
    This was supposed to be RAM related, or divider related, but
    I don't know if anyone discovered a magic formula or not. One
    factor apparently, is the early 865PE Northbridges (the first
    ones Intel shipped), were capable of better overclocks than
    later ones.

    http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=62275

    In any case, if you have a look around Abxzone, you are
    bound to find a few stories about those two boards. Lots
    of people were happy to use 865PE based boards for overclocking,
    so they cannot be all bad.

    Paul

    Paul, Feb 16, 2006
  6. HKEK

    DaveW Guest

    That "P4P800E-Deluxe" doesn't exist. It is correctly named a
    P4C800E-Deluxe.

    DaveW, Feb 17, 2006
  7. Friedrich Wuelfing, Feb 17, 2006
  8. Wow, my non-existing motherboard works just great.

    Custom Computers, Feb 17, 2006
  9. HKEK

    HKEK Guest