Asus P4P800SE + Promise Ultra133 TX2 = no workie?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by ~C~, Oct 24, 2004.

  1. ~C~

    ~C~ Guest

    Does anyone have this combo working w/ 2 IDE drives? I just built my
    system with this mobo over the weekend. I have used the card on my
    other P4/XP builds without any problems. I usually install the OS with
    my primary drive on the mobo IDE channel, then afterwards install the
    ATA card, & then swap over my two drives onto it, to free up the IDE
    channels for my 3 optical drives. Bios of mobo is 1006, & I am running
    XP Pro Sp2 with a 2.8E P4. Boot up sees the two drives in the Promise
    screen, but it will not boot past the WindowsXP boot up screen. The
    blue timer icon thing just keep scrolling over & over & that is as far
    as it will get.
    I had problems before with getting the card working on my last board,
    but Promise tech support sent me an older driver set ( which I used
    here) that made it work. No go this time, however. I considered
    getting an IDE to SATA converter card, but Intel does not recommend
    it.

    Any help/ideas are most welcome.

    cheers!

    ~C~, Oct 24, 2004