Asus P4PE slows 2 a crawl at high NIC utilization

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Jannik Ebbe Brich, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Hi !

    When someone is downloading from my sytem via LAN, the system seem 2 slow
    down. It's almost impossible 2 do anything.

    My old system an good old fashioned P3 800, never had that kind of problems.
    Yes you would notice a bit of jerking when playing a game, but that was all.

    Anyoneone seen this before ?

    Specs:

    Asus P4PE BIOS 1.05.
    512 MB Ram
    P4 2,4 Northwood II
    Adaptec 2940UW
    LITE-On 24x CD-R
    Point Of View TI-4200 128 Mb RAM
    80 GB Maxtor Diamond 9 Plus Fluid
    160 GB Seagate Baracuda.
    Windows XP SP1
    Using latest NIC driver from Asus

    Jannik

    Jannik Ebbe Brich, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Jannik Ebbe Brich

    John Guest

    That's interesting. I get something similar about once a month. It
    only happens in the first 30 mins after power on but I am downloading
    news group headers. The system slows to a crawl. The CPU temp is
    normal and usage is low when this happens. I have to power off at
    the PC and reboot. It's fine after that for weeks..

    Win2K SP3.

    John, Jul 16, 2003