    ground wire needs to be disabled on the second USB, but I dunno.

    Any help guys?

    IHC

    IHC53, Dec 1, 2003

  2. IHC53

    Geno Guest

    Yes, take a look at the connectors on your usb cable. If you are using
    a generic usb cable and not an asus usb connector you will find that
    there is an extra pin GROUNDED(Black Wire) that should not be
    grounded. I don't know if I'm explaining this right make sure PIN 9 is
    not grounded on the cable If PIN 9 has a black wire connected to it on
    your cable connector CUT the wire at the connector the reboot and try
    it out all will be fine. I found this out the hard way. I returned the
    original motherboard I bought thinking it was defective because I had
    no Secondary IDE Channel. Disconnecting devices through a process of
    elimination I discovered after disconnecting the USB cable at the
    motherboard all was well. If your not clear on my explanation post
    another message and I'll try to explain more clearly if I haven't
    already...

    Geno, Dec 19, 2003

  3. IHC53

    yogi Guest

    I have not seen the original post for this thread but I also have a
    P4S8X-X motherboard in my other computer, I also had an issue where I
    had no Secondary IDE Channel, I returned the computer to where I
    purchased the motherboard from and they said that they didn't believe
    that the Secondary IDE Channel was damaged at all and told me to go
    home and setup the computer out of the case, I did that and all was
    well, so I put the computer back together again and again No Secondary
    IDE, so I took the motherboard screws out and put those red washers
    under them and all was well again so I figured that one of the
    circuits must be to close to the screw holes and the head of the screw
    must have been shorting out the Secondary IDE.
    The onboard USB port on my board has all nine pins connected, not to
    say that this is not your problem just because it works on mine don't
    necessarily mean that it works on yours but now you have two things to
    look for. Good Luck.

    Cheers
    Keith Holzapfel.
    (ROT13)

    Product Version: 6.0.553 Release Date: 02/09/2003
    Virus Database: 345 Release Date: 18/12/2003

    yogi, Dec 20, 2003