    supposed to. Do any of you know the pin out etc?

    Help,
    Karl M North

    Karl M. North, Oct 30, 2003

  2. Karl M. North

    craigm Guest

    "Karl M. North" <OPM@email DOT com> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello All,
    > I have an Asus P4SD-LA which came out of an HP a262n Pavilion system.
    > It's been a great board except for the audio. The board has this

    proprietary
    > HP connector with a cable that goes to the front of the case for headphone
    > out and mic in. Well I don't have that connector. (The HP case got mangled
    > by UPS.)
    > Asus says that I just need to jumper the pins to pass the audio through
    > it. But they "do not have" the pin out for it. Without it jumpered the

    front
    > channels of the audio do not work. I don't want to have to put an
    > aftermarket audio card into it. I just want to get it to work as it's
    > supposed to. Do any of you know the pin out etc?
    >
    > Help,
    > Karl M North

    Find the connector marked "Front HP out" at the bottom of the motherboard.

    Connect pins 1 and 2
    Connect pins 4 and 5

    craigm

    craigm, Nov 2, 2003

  3. Craig,
    Thanks, I got your response like 2 hours after I just decided to try it
    myself. Figured it out. I'm so happy!!!

    Asus tech support SUCKS! But their boards are nice.

    Karl M. North, Nov 3, 2003