ASUS P5AD2 Deluxe no beep & system failure cpu test failed

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Moe, Dec 7, 2004.

  1. Moe

    Moe Guest

    My Little Tale about Asus P5AD2 Motherboard upgrade !!

    I bought a ASUS P5AD2 Deluxe 925X Motherboard yeseterday which was an
    upgrade for my P3...right i haven't assembled anything for a while.
    Anyhow, After the assembling I was having problems with no beeping
    sound when the motherboard was turned on.

    ASUS P5AD2 Deluxe 925X
    1 Gig DDR2
    P4 3.0 Intel Processor
    120 Gig WD HD
    480W PSU Antec (20 pin) it works !!

    Finally i figured i need to plug speakers with sound on the moterboard.
    Voice Woke me-- Error: System Failed CPU Test Failure

    I went around on the internet i was not able to find anything. I
    thought I did everything correctly. After 1 day of research I was told
    there is a extra power connection from PSU to the motherboard for the
    CPU. That was connected it powered up with no issues.

    Moe, Dec 7, 2004