Asus P5B - all USB ports suddenly stop working

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by RobW1947, May 25, 2021.

  1. RobW1947

    RobW1947

    Joined:
    May 25, 2021
    I cannot use the USB ports (Back and Front) anymore.
    No recognition for mouse and usb-sticks.
    This is when I run Windows 10 and a Linux Live CD.
    There is 5V, but is looks if the data lines are "dead".
    The program HWinfo shows the chip Intel 82801HB.
    This chip supports SATA, PCI-e, USB and Audio.
    SATA, PCI-e and Audio are OK.
    My solution now is using a 2xUSB3 controller in a PCE-e slot.
    So I can use my mouse now.
    But I want to know / understand why my USB ports are "dead".

    Greetings,
    Robert Willemsen
    Holland
    Age : 70+