Asus P5B Deluxe Wi/Fi Bad adidts.sys driver (Soundmax) causes BSOD

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Terry, Aug 30, 2006.

  1. Terry

    Terry Guest

    Hi
    Problem Asus P5B Deluxe Wi/Fi Bad adidts.sys driver (Soundmax) causes BSOD

    Just built a new system with the following

    Asus P5B Deluxe Wi/Fi (w/ 0507 BIOS)
    Seasonic 600W PS
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 (Conroe 2.13Mhz) retail
    ATI All In Wonder X1900 Video card (PCI-E
    2X 1Gb sticks of Corsair XMS 6400
    2- 200GB WD SATA Drives (no Raid)
    DVD/CD ect...

    Problem is when I enable the onbaord sound (Soundmax) I get the BSOD with a
    message about bad driver called adidts.sys. If I boot in safe mode and
    disable Soundmax in the Dev-Manager or disable onboard sound in the BIOS
    everthing work well, obviously except for the audio.

    The board has Hi Def audio which is also selectable as AC97 in the BOIS, I
    have tried both settings.
    I have removed the driver and re-installed the entire Soundmax package
    SoundMAX Audio Driver v5.10.01.4530 which is the ltatest version found at
    Asus website
    Have located the specific adidts.sys file and replaced it.
    All with no luck

    I have tried everthing I can think of and hate to have to buy a new sound
    card

    Any help or sugestion will be greatly apprecited
    Terry

    Terry, Aug 30, 2006

  2. Terry

    Peacekeeper Guest

    Post on the asus forum says 4570 drivers fixed this for him a beta is on the
    downloads under "latest" for the p5b deluxe The deluxe wifi download has no
    such beta

    Peacekeeper, Aug 31, 2006

  3. Terry

    Terry Guest

    Thanks for the help, I'll try it.

    Got a good ole SB Audigy card on stanbye

    Terry, Sep 2, 2006
  4. Terry

    Fred Forsythe

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Seattle
    I'm having the same trouble with my new built:

    ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz
    CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 675 (PC2 5400)
    POWERCOLOR X800GTO256MBDDR3 Radeon X800GTO 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
    2 x Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA's
    Coolermaster 600w PSU

    Completed assembly last Thursday, ran great up until last night (about 4 trouble free days).

    I've disabled the onboard sound & am running an old Creative Audio sound card I had lying around. So far so good (only been up this way about 2 hours though :rolleyes: ). I'm wondering if there have been any other developments. Terry, is yours still working? Did you try the new 4570 driver, if so, what was the result?

    TIA

    Fred

    Fred Forsythe, Sep 26, 2006
  5. Terry